Throwing some dimes

Friday, December 11, 2009

Once in a while, someone else's article catches my eye.  Sometimes, it's because the article is so spot-on I wish I'd written it myself.  Other times, it's because the article enlightens me with a stat I never knew.  Still other times, it's because I disagree with whatever's written.  No matter what the reason, I dish it off to another writer to make his/her point.  You know, throwing some dimes.

  • Red's Army discusses who on the Celtics will make the All-Star team, and includes Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins and, well, and nobody else.  In my eyes, that's just wrong, flat-out wrong.  Don't get it twisted, I think Pierce and Rondo should definitely make it, and I'm a big fan of the Vote for Perk movement.  But if Perk makes the All-Star team and Kevin Garnett doesn't, it will be a travesty.  An absolute travesty.  For everything that Perk does for the C's, Garnett does so much more.  He's their best passing big man, their most consistent mid-range threat, and can do a lot of things that Perk simply cannot do.  I'm all for Perk making the All-Star team, just not in lieu of Garnett; KG is still a lot better than Perk, no matter how much adulation has been bestowed on Perk lately.  Also, I don't think Ray Allen will make the team, but I think he's playing very good basketball... everything, that is, besides his normal calling card: three-point shooting.
  • Celtics Hub: Eddie House did something last night that he hadn't done in a long time, and rarely ever does.
  • Chris Forsberg, ESPNBoston: Boston did a much better job rebounding last night, especially in the second quarter, when Washington did something else that hadn't been done in a long time... maybe ever.  They didn't have a single rebound.
  • Jeff Clark from CelticsBlog appreciates "the good Tony Allen"
Tony Allen is an easy target on this blog.  He's known for his maddeningly low basketball IQ and frequent boneheaded plays.  But he's on this basketball team and in the NBA for a reason.  He's athletic, aggressive (which is important: see Gerald Green), and he gets after it on defense.  When the stars align and he is focused on what he needs to do to help the team win, good things can happen like they did last night.
 

Comments

No response to “Throwing some dimes”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment