The Morning Walkthrough: Rebounding is the 'tear in C's fabric'

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Celtics have gotten rid of their morning walkthrough, but that doesn't mean we have to.  Here are a few Celtics links, and maybe even an NBA link or two, to help wake you up and get you focused for the day.

Jeff Clark, CelticsBlog - Lets just say that [rebounding] is a tear in the fabric.  We can sew it up, patch it up, or ignore the problem.  Ignoring it isn't an option because the tear will just keep getting bigger and leave a big hole in our attack.  Patching it with an outside person might help, but might end up causing more problems than it is worth.  I think we have players that can rebound but they need to make if more of a priority.  Perk, Sheed, and KG should be able to board with anyone.  Sheed and KG spend a lot of time on the perimeter on offense, but if they emphasized it, they could pull down more boards.  I think.

Frank Dell'Apa, Boston Globe - Daniels’s role likely will be filled by Tony Allen, who is expected to return for the first time this season after ankle surgery, and Brian Scalabrine.  Allen practiced at full speed yesterday and will be evaluated today.  “I’m just taking it one step at a time and building my energy and strength, getting the rhythm of these plays and defensive schemes and just get back in gear,’’ he said. “This was a good day, but I want to see how my ankle responds.  “If it doesn’t swell and ache, I know I’m building.

Red's Army - It's hard not to feel bad for Greg Oden.  Just when he was playing up to some of the hype that preceded him a few years ago, he went down with a fractured kneecap that will probably end his season.  Add it to the list.  Oden's getting hurt like a guy who got drafted by the Clippers.  I was a believer.  I thought this was the year he stepped into his own and helped the Trailblazers move into the next level out West.  I still think he's got the tools to be a good player in the NBA.  He might never be the franchise player people thought he would be, but he can still be good.

Sherman Alexie, via Truehoop -In this poem, I also liken it to the every day death of the Sonics. I feel their loss constantly. And then, seeing that Oden is down for the season (and likely done as an everyday player for good), I first thought, "Well, I'm glad I don't have to feel the kind of pain that Blazers fans are feeling today. I don't have to feel the pain of every Sonics loss or injury anymore."  But then, I thought, no, I miss the losses as much as the victories. I miss the pain as much as the joy. I miss the losing streaks as much as I miss the wins. Hell, I miss Luke Ridnour. And so, I think, my grief for my father -- my ever-present grief -- is so important because he never goes away. I don't forget him. I keep him alive that way.

Comments

No response to “The Morning Walkthrough: Rebounding is the 'tear in C's fabric'”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment