Celtics beat Bobcats in laugher, 108-90

Tuesday, December 1, 2009


To be honest, I started writing this post at halftime. I thought about how I might jinx the C's by writing about their win before it was over, and then I remembered they were winning by 23, and they were playing the Bobcats. I then decided that even if the Celts played 1-on-5 in the second half, with the one player on the court being Tony Allen, they'd still beat Charlotte. The lead was that insurmountable.

The final score, by the way, was in no way indicative of how much of a blowout this game was. Boston completely dominated every phase of the game, until boredom set in starting in the late third quarter.

Anyways, I'm going to post a more in-depth analysis on the main site later, but I thought I'd leave a few bullet points here before I go:

  • Great ball movement. How many times did the Celtics have three, four, or even five quick passes before scoring?
  • Perkins was the game's MVP. I know he was playing mostly against Nazr Mohammed and the zombie that used to be Tyson Chandler, but Perkins was really, really good tonight. 21 points, 11 rebounds, and 3 blocks for Perk. (And a few scowls, too.)
  • Close runner-up for MVP: Ray Allen. Ray-Ray snapped out of his slump in a big way, with 5-6 shooting from threes, not to mention 27 points, 5 boards, and 5 dimes.
  • Gerald Wallace was miserable. Last week's Eastern Conference Player of the Week might as well have stayed home, as Mike Gorman so nicely put it.
  • D.J. Augustin barely played. Remember him, Charlotte's promising second-year point guard? Apparently, he's now in Larry Brown's dog house.
  • The starters came back in with six minutes left. I think Doc wanted to make sure the bench's sloppy play ended, but I wouldn't have done it myself. The C's were still up 20 at the time.

Comments

No response to “Celtics beat Bobcats in laugher, 108-90”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment