Throwing some dimes: Rajon Rondo impressing teammates with leadership

Monday, December 28, 2009

Once in a while, someone else's article catches my eye. Sometimes, it's because the article is so spot-on I wish I'd written it myself. Other times, it's because the article enlightens me with something I never knew. Still other times, it's because I disagree with whatever's written. No matter what the reason, I dish it off to another writer to make his/her point. You know, throwing some dimes.

  • Steve Bulpett has a great article about Rajon Rondo developing from a starter into a leader and possibly the best point guard in the Eastern Conference.  Here are some quotes from the story:
Doc Rivers: "He’s a leader.  He’s obtained that this year, and that’s all off-the-court stuff. His on-the-court (performance) alone has made him an All-Star in my opinion, but we’ll see."

Ray Allen: "What’s different is that what he’s doing now is in the confines of the offense. It’s all part of what we’re doing as a team. He’s making the plays that are there. He’s getting guys the ball, but he’s also making his move when the other team gives him that opportunity. He’s taking it."

Eddie House: "He has a lot more confidence in himself. You know, when he steps on the court he feels like that guy. When you have that confidence in yourself and you go out and prove it night in and night out, people have to take notice. That’s what he’s doing. He’s proving it.

That comes with his confidence. He’s been given the reins. For a time you’re not sure, but now it’s like, OK, go. He has that green light. He’s playing freely. He’s getting guys the ball and he’s making the plays. He does what he wants. He’s just playing basketball at an extremely high level."
You should read the rest of the story. It's a nice look at Rondo's progression, mostly through the eyes of his teammates.

Wanna throw your own dime, and get someone's article recognized? Email me at jayking@celticstown.com or follow me on Twitter.

Comments

No response to “Throwing some dimes: Rajon Rondo impressing teammates with leadership”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment