Throwing a dime: Scott Souza joins Celtics Stuff Live

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Once in a while, someone else's article catches my eye.  Sometimes, it's because the article is so spot-on I wish I'd written it myself.  Other times, it's because the article enlightens me with something I never knew.  Still other times, it's because I disagree with whatever's written.  No matter what the reason, I dish it off to another writer to make his/her point.  You know, throwing some dimes.

Long one of the best Celtics writers around, Scott Souza has now taken his work into the Celtics blogosphere, where he will contribute a column to Celtics Stuff Live.  I would describe his first column, about Tony Allen's last chance to make it in Boston, but I wouldn't do it justice.  With that said, I'll just let you read a short excerpt of it:
There is no denying Allen is an NBA talent. But the league’s fringes are littered with players who have the skills, but were never able to put them together in a way to justify real value. Allen came close, oh so close, during the nadir of Boston’s 2006-07 flop when Paul Pierce, Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West were all hurt, Rajon Rondo had yet to emerge, and Allen was a 20-point-a-game scorer for a month.

Then came a torn ACL on a meaningless dunk attempt after the whistle, and a series of setbacks that have come to define Allen as a person and a player. For a few minutes – the second quarter Thursday night, for instance – he looks like a legitimate piece of a championship puzzle. Then almost as quickly – the end of the third quarter Thursday night, for instance – he is a glaring square peg firing up wild shots and tossing away passes around a round hole in the rotation.
I couldn't have said it better myself: "A glaring square peg firing up wild shots and tossing away passes around a round hole in the rotation."

So congratulations to Celtics Stuff Live for the newest addition to their crew, and to Souza for extending his influence and joining the Celtics blogosphere.

Comments

No response to “Throwing a dime: Scott Souza joins Celtics Stuff Live”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment