Paul Pierce, NBA's newest blogger

Thursday, December 17, 2009


Haven't you always wanted a closer glimpse at the Truth?  Watching him play for his entire professional career, we've gotten to know Pierce like a brother.  We saw him grow up in front of our very eyes, from an immature budding All-Star to a grown man capable of leading his team to an NBA championship.  We've seen his struggles, perseverance, and successes.

Now, we'll be able to get even more insight into Pierce's thoughts and feelings than ever before:  He's the NBA's newest blogger, and will be writing a blog exclusively for the Boston Globe.

In Pierce's first post, he writes about how Boston went from being a town he despised to a town he calls his own:
I've been in an amazing position to say that I'm going to be linked 100 percent to the Boston Celtics.

To say that I've played with only one franchise, and accomplished what we have, it's almost like a miracle. You don't see that any more. You don't see the same players staying with the same team like that. I'm a true follower of the game and only five guys have played for one team for 10-plus years, especially in the last 10. There's Tim, Kobe, Ilgauskas, Nowitzki, and me.

You're always going to associate Kobe with the Lakers. You're always going to associate Timmy with San Antonio. Those guys won championships for their teams and they've been there their whole career.

You look around the league and see a lot of great players. You have some Hall of Famers that have been on multiple teams and you think at the end of the day, which team do they represent? And I can definitely say I am a Boston Celtic through and through. When people look back at my career they're going to identify me with one team.

Boston is definitely home.
I feel like I'm really going to enjoy Pierce's blogging era.  I just hope he doesn't start screaming Hibatchi! after every shot, or calling himself "Agent 34."

Comments

No response to “Paul Pierce, NBA's newest blogger”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment