Glen Davis sprains his ankle at a bad time

Tuesday, December 29, 2009


It's been a rough season so far for Glen Davis. First he went down for a few months after throwing a haymaker at his friend. Then he struggled to come back, played in three games, and now he's hurt again.

Via Chris Forsberg, ESPNBoston:
Celtics forward Glen Davis, playing in only his third game of the season after missing the first 27 because of a fractured right thumb, departed Monday's game against the Golden State Warriors with a mild right ankle sprain.
Thankfully, it doesn't seem too serious:
"I didn't even ask; he'll be all right," Rivers said when asked about Davis' health. "The way I look at it, we'll find out [Tuesday]."
The injury comes at a bad time for Davis, who was seemingly just finding his way how to become a professional.

Via the Boston Herald:
“[My injury] made me think about a lot of things,” Davis said. “I still think all the time about basketball, but what happened made me think even more about me as a person, as a man off the court. I’ve just been thinking about what’s important and what I need to do to be successful on and off the court. So it’s been a big time for me to reflect on me as a person and my morals and my goals further on.”

Davis came to the striking conclusion that, at age 23 (he turns 24 on Friday), he didn’t know everything.

“I think I’ve really started to understand that no matter how old you are you can never stop learning,” he said. “You never stop learning how to be a better person. You watch people around you. You have to be able to learn from everyone. I think I’ve also learned the business of basketball even more. You have to go out and play hard and enjoy it, have fun and all that. But at the same time you have to approach it in a serious way, because it is a business. I just came to the conclusion that I’m not as old as I think I am.”
Besides maturing, Davis had shown some signs of playing very good basketball. Against the Clippers, he was a beast on the offensive glass and a menace flopping taking charges. It's too bad he had to go down; hopefully the recovery will be as quick as the Celtics seem to think.

UPDATE: It might not be such an easy recovery after all.

Via the Globe:
Glen "Big Baby" Davis left the arena on crutches and told reporters he has a sprained right ankle. He was wearing a protective boot and said he couldn't walk without aid. He could be out for an extended period. He didn't sound positive. X-rays were negative.

Comments

No response to “Glen Davis sprains his ankle at a bad time”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment