Glen Davis in shape, could be ready by Dec. 27 road trip

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Remember that time when Glen Davis got a terrific idea?  You know, when he decided it'd be awesome to go out with his old college buddy until the wee hours of the morning, then let his drunk college buddy drive both him and his fiance home?

Yeah, that one!  The one where he then proceeded to punch his buddy in the face -- while he was driving the car! -- and in the process hurt himself, rather than his drunken buddy.  Well, he's finally just about healed (via the Globe):
Glen “Big Baby’’ Davis could return for the Celtics’ West Coast trip, which starts with a Dec. 27 game against the Clippers in Los Angeles, Rivers said before last night’s game.
Big Baby hasn't been playing, but he's apparently been keeping in great shape. (Okay... I meant "better" shape.):
“I’ve been just waiting,’’ Davis said. “Everything is fine. I’m just looking forward to getting back as soon as possible.

“If it was up to me, I’d play tomorrow. I haven’t played in a month. I’m in shape, I’ve been in shape the whole year. It feels weird, I haven’t used [the hand] in a while. But I’ve been making sure I stay in shape and go to rehab and all the stuff I need to do - running and more running; keep the weight down, avoid the holidays and all the good food, stay away [from] soda pops. I know I feel light. Don’t you know when you feel heavy? I feel good.’’

Davis’s recovery is on schedule.

“When I get [the cast] off, it means the bone healed,’’ Davis said. “But it’s all about the ligament.’’
My favorite part of that quote: "Don't you know when you feel heavy?"  Unfortunately, I've learned the answer to that one the hard way, while gaining the first gut of my life with a couple recent months of inactivity.  Yes, yes, you do know when you feel heavy.  You see it every time you look in the mirror, and you feel it every time you begin to exercise.

But, Big Baby, you should know that a lot better than I do. 

Comments

No response to “Glen Davis in shape, could be ready by Dec. 27 road trip”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment